- B.S., Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1967
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1970
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1972
- Professional Registration
- Professional Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Oregon, 1993.
Greg Wheeler has directed Oregon State University's Industrial Assessment Center since 1986 and has directed over 560 industrial assessments. He also initiated and led the development of AirMaster, the Compressed Air System Audit and Analysis Software. He has conducted 7 additional compressed air system audits that are published as case studies in the AirMaster manual. He has conducted 36 Energy Savings Assessments since 2006, of which 16 focused on compressed air systems. He has also presented over 200 workshops, including 25 on compressed air systems, in 3 countries.