Mark Ames is a compressed air system auditor (D.O.E. AIRMaster+ Qualified Specialist) for the John Henry Foster Company in St. Louis, MO. Mark has 31 years of experience involving compressed air, 15 at Ingersoll Rand Industrial Technologies involving package design and laboratory testing, 16 in field analysis (5 of which were under the guidance of R. Scot Foss). Mark has conducted over 500 audits in reciprocating, rotary screw, and centrifugal compressor systems with sizes up to 80,000hp in the following industries:
• Chemical, petroleum, and corn refining
• Coal and natural gas power plants
• Plastics – thermoforming, injection molding, PET
• Food processing
• Various other manufacturers
He provides solutions to meet customer goals that include
• Reducing energy
• Improving reliability
• Reducing the risk of a production interruption
• Improving compressed air quality (pressure dewpoint and pressure stability)
• Increasing supply repeatability and resiliency.
He has presented at the WEEC, IETC, Best Practices Expo, and semi-annually at John Henry Foster.
Mark is a partner in performance and sustainability and specializes in system analysis and design.